Here is a list of the Core Elements of Brand Style Guide aka Brand Blueprint:
2.) Color palette/mood board
Your story and vision can help to create the blueprint of your business.
A blueprint that helps to build a structure and strategically position your expertise in the industry.
This blueprint is like a foundation for you to scale up and launch every few months and give your clients value-based products or services.
A blueprint also helps to accentuate your story through your websites, Social media updates and other various design/copy related assets.
Let us see how the core element of the brand style guide can be used –
On your website
- Your about me page should not only focus on everything about you or your background, instead, but it should also talk about what you can do for others because of your expertise. It should have a headshot/your photo and speak the tone you would like your client to hear.
- Your Homepage should include catchy images and tag lines that will hook anybody in the first 30-40 seconds. We all know that first impressions matter, so why not use this same logic while building your websites.
- Services & other pages – All the pages should use similar themes, colour combinations, and fonts. If you can personalise it with your own pictures then that will automatically connect better with your clients and see the real you.
On Social Media
- Make sure there is complete uniformity in the theme and colours that you have on your website and on the posts/images you use on social media.
- This will help in ease of identification for anybody who has visited your website and is now following your instagram or FB Profile.
Your Launch Assets
- If you are still introducing products/services to your clients and want to show your authenticity then the best way to do so is, by using branded or custom made images.
- This is because you might still not have a website ready or are still in the process of validating the new offer, and so your story can be highlighted by using graphics or images which resonate or speak that language for you.
- The best way to do that is by using custom made pictures in your opt-in page, sales page or product offer templates, ebook cover pages, etc.
If you are just starting out in your business, you may not wish to invest unless you have made some profit. And so I have the Free 5 Day Challenge – Unleash Your Brand which will help you build the core elements for your Brand Style Guide.
Once you have your first sale, big or small, start working on giving a face to your business so that more people can recognise your presence in the online world.
You sure will transform and evolve as your business grows.
And so there is no harm to re-look your blueprint and do some re-branding in the future.