Do you know what Selena Soo, Amy Porterfield, Gary V, Tony Robbins, and Oprah Winfrey. Bushra Azhar, Denise DT all have in common – They are real, authentic people who look exclusive, distinct, and notable, with strategic branding in business.
Do you think they got those titles only when they made 6-figures/7-figures or become that famous in the online/offline world?
BIG FAT NO!
You start from where you are, with what you have and evolve with your growing business.
You start with the end in mind of making a difference in people’s lives or helping tiny business entrepreneurs make money or help women unblock their money story or make people identify what they love to do.
All this is part of your brand story, your brand message. Having your brand story is key to reach your target audience and build a relationship with them. It also helps to reach the right audience who resonates with your story/message. Not everybody is your client, so if you think you will target all female entrepreneurs then it will be a very broad audience and creating outreach would be a huge task and would take many years to build an established business like Tony Robbins, Gary Vee or even Oprah Winfrey.
Your story and vision can help to create the blueprint of your business. A blueprint that helps to build structure and strategically position your expertise in the industry. This blueprint is like a foundation for you to scale up and launch every few months and give your clients value based products or services.
A blueprint also helps to accentuate your story through your websites, Social media updates, your logo, brand colours and other various design/copy related assets. Let us see how it can be done –
On your website –
- Your about me page should not only focus on everything about you or your background, instead it should talk about what you can do for others because of your expertise. It should have a head shot/your photo and speak the tone you would like your client to hear.
- Your Homepage should include catchy images and tag lines that will hook anybody in the first 30-40 seconds. We all know that first impressions matter, so why not use this same logic while building your websites.
- Services & other pages – All the pages should use similar themes, colour combinations and fonts. If you can personalise it with your own pictures then that will automatically connect better with your clients and see the real you.
On Social Media –
- Make sure there is complete uniformity in the theme and colours that you have on your website and on the posts/images you use on social media.
- This will help in ease of identification for anybody who has visited your website and is now following your insta or FB Profile.
Your Launch Assets –
- If you are still introducing products/services to your clients and want to show your authenticity then the best way to do so is, by using branded or custom made images.
- This is because you might still not have a website ready or are still in the process of validating the new offer, and so your story can be highlighted by using graphics or images which resonate or speak that language for you.
- The best way to do that is by using custom made pictures in your optin page, sales page or product offer templates, ebook cover pages etc.
If you are just starting out in your business, you may not wish to invest unless you have made some profit. Once you have your first sale, big or small, start working on giving a face to your business so that more people can recognise your presence in the online world. Here is a FREE Playbook to help you do just that. You sure will transform and evolve as your business grows. And so there is no harm to re-look your blueprint and do some re-branding in the future.
P.S – All the above mentioned names are taken to share examples of building personal brands and not based on products or companies directly.